I’m happy to see that my second SSIS book for the SQL Server 2012 release has been announced! SQL Server 2012 Integration Services is published by Microsoft Press (and O’Reilly), and gives you a real insiders view of the product. My co-authors are all members of the SSIS product team, and we’ve really dug deep into the product for some of the chapters you’ll see in this book. It is scheduled to come out this summer (July 2012). I think this book is a good compliment to my other book – SSIS Design Patterns – which takes a more hands-on, solution based approach.
From the O’Reilly site:
Conquer Microsoft® SQL Server® 2012 Integration Services—from the inside out!
You’re beyond the basics, so dive right in and really put SQL Server Integration Services to work! This supremely organized reference packs hundreds of timesaving solutions, troubleshooting tips, and workarounds. It’s all muscle and no fluff. Discover how the experts perform data integration tasks—and challenge yourself to new levels of mastery.
- Gain in-depth understanding of Integration Service capabilities introduced in SQL Server 2012
- Implement Integration Services best practices and design patterns
- Master the ETL tool for data extraction, transformation, and loading
- Manage performance issues using tuning principles and techniques
- Diagnose problems and apply advanced troubleshooting features