I had a fantastic time at TechEd North America this year. I didn’t get a chance to attend many sessions, but thankfully they are all recorded – I usually spend a couple of weeks after TechEd crawling through all of the content I didn’t have time to see when I was there. While at the conference, I mostly split my time between the Microsoft product pavilion, and the Hands on Labs (HOL) area. The HOL area is a fantastic way to try out and learn about different Microsoft products. I was very happy to see that many of those labs are available on the SQL Server Virtual Labs site. Here are some of the labs I went through last week:
- SQL Server 2012 – Installing and managing SQL Server 2012 on Windows Server Core (SQL 153)
- SQL Server 2012- AlwaysOn Availability Groups (SQL 142)
- Importing and Developing a BI Semantic Model in Microsoft Visual Studio (SQL 141)
- SQL Server 2012 – What’s New in Data warehousing and EIM
- Exploring SQL Server Integration Services (SQL160)
I also stopped by the certification area at TechEd and took my first ever Microsoft exam… I am happy to announce that I passed the new Implementing a Data Warehouse with Microsoft SQL Server 2012 (70-463) exam!
I now officially know how to use SSIS…